Tuesday, August 2, 2011

More Poetry?

If it feels like there's been a lot of poetry flying around this blog lately, you're right to feel that way.  I don't apologize for it though.  While it's not my preferred mode of expression, writing poetry is something I really enjoy when I get into the mood for it.  Truly, some feelings, expressions, moments can only translate properly through poetry, through words uninhibited by the logical processes of story and conversation.

Poetic image by Smile


So yes, I am here to present you with more poetry for your viewing pleasure today.  Brought to you by a collection of poets, including myself, and hosted on Stephanie Pearl's blog Yours, In So Many Words.

Check out the poetry on display there, you won't be disappointed.  And if you yourself are a poet, take note of the call for future projects like this and consider contributing some of your own work.  Personally, it sounds like a great idea to me, like a less aggressive, less competitive poetry slam of sorts.

But what do you think?