Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Are You Sick?

Today I bring you my entry for yet another installation of the now-weekly flash fiction writing contest held here, hosted by last week's winner, Hannah.  Like last time, the word limit is set to 150 and new random words have been chosen.  They are as follows: Preliminary - Yellow - Contrary - Dying - Draw.




I don't like the look of that yellow bile you've been coughing up, a real bad color. It's a preliminary sign of upset digestion. Has something been stressing you out lately? Please, I'd wish you'd just tell me what's wrong.

Here, draw some water from the pump, splash it on your face, you need to get that gunk off your face. There you go, feels good doesn't it? Nice and cold, drink some, I'm sure you're dying of thirst, tastes like freezing liquid metal, doesn't it? Just like blood.

Now contrary to what you might think, I'm not a bad man. No, not at all. Sure, I might have hurt people before, but I haven't hurt you yet, have I? And I know that you think I'm being mean by not letting you go outside, but really it's just because I don't want anyone to take you away from me.